Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Discovering a water loss after a long day at work can leave you at a loss. Where do you start? The water can leave damages to your flooring, walls and ceiling if not addressed quickly. SERVPRO of Jacksonville Westside/Orange Park is ready to respond anytime day or night. The professionals are standing by and ready to respond immediately. Upon arrival potential electrical or slip hazards could be hazardous to your loved ones. We understand the stress of the loss and are there to quickly restore back to pre water conditions safely. We are the restoration company you can trust.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (904) 269-9282
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.