Step 3: Water Removal / Water Extraction
Removing The Water From Your Property
Once we have completed the inspection and damage assessment stage, our technicians move into the water extraction stage. In this phase, our technicians work to remove the majority of the water present on your property after a loss. To do so, our team uses powerful extraction equipment that can efficiently pump out large amounts of water very quickly.
If you are in need of emergency water mitigation and restoration services, our SERVPRO of Jacksonville Westside/Orange Park team is always available for immediate assistance. Don't hesitate and give our team a call today!
Move-Out / Pack-Out
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of Jacksonville Westside / Orange Park can conduct an organized, efficient move-out to protect your belongings from further damage.
- Move-Out Service
Emergency Water Removal
Our highly trained technicians will begin the water removal process almost immediately. Depending on the amount of water, we may use powerful submersible pumps in addition to industrial strength, wet/dry vacuums. Removing most of the water helps reduce drying time and helps prevent secondary water damage and mold and bacterial growth.
- Remove Excess Water
- Use Submersible Pumps and Industrial Wet/Dry Vacuums
Inspect the Carpet Pad and Carpet
We inspect the carpet and pad and determine if they should be removed to protect the subfloor.
- Inspect Carpet Pad and Remove If Needed
- Inspect Carpet and Remove If Needed
Water Removal Equipment
- Moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation.
- Infrared cameras may be used to find “hidden” water behind walls and ceilings.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps are used for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.